cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating IP address with Windows 10

TechLimited
Apprentice

I have two computers with two identical MX922 printers.  The new computer prints to the other computer's printer.  Canon does not support my printers anymore.  I need to find my the IP address for this printer but am using Windows 10 and I cannot seem to print out LAN info to get a location for the printer.  I tried a third-party tech answer program and got scammed.  Need assistane.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the printer is connected via ethernet, log into your router and check attached devices.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

NeedaFix
Contributor

Good luck. I have lost track of any step by step to get past B200. What should I use to uninstall Canon printer, scanner and Fax, The Devices and Printers and or the Device Manager.  Right now the Canon IJ Network Tool has no driver for two ports. There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings. For details refer....... I will unintall what I can, delete prior downloads and go back to the Canon wesite for fresh downloads.  Also at this point the scan functions are messed up and not what they were last go through and the limited scan functions seem to be with the Fax funtionality.  I really need to reassemble my MacBook Pro when last new part is delivered and try to print from Mac OX with Catalina up to date. hopefully by Wednesday I can try to print.

@NeedaFix wrote:

Good luck. I have lost track of any step by step to get past B200. What should I use to uninstall Canon printer, scanner and Fax, The Devices and Printers and or the Device Manager.  Right now the Canon IJ Network Tool has no driver for two ports. There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings. For details refer....... I will unintall what I can, delete prior downloads and go back to the Canon wesite for fresh downloads.  Also at this point the scan functions are messed up and not what they were last go through and the limited scan functions seem to be with the Fax funtionality.  I really need to reassemble my MacBook Pro when last new part is delivered and try to print from Mac OX with Catalina up to date. hopefully by Wednesday I can try to print.

Greetings,

Since your environment and hardware can't possibly be the same as the person who started this thread, I suggest you start your own thread so it gets the visibility it deserves.  This does two things.  It helps others who are searching for answers to find solutions more easily.  It also allows those who are trying to help to offer suggestions and solutions applicable to a specific environment or hardware.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TechLimited,

To view the IP address of your PIXMA MX922, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

Scroll down the list to IPv4 Address

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements