cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 220 Scanner - Leave it powered up?

JLSchutt
Apprentice

I bought an LiDE 220 scanner from Amazon and installed it yesterday. So far I really like it - especially the Auto Scan feature that figures out what you are scanning and crops it for you. I like it so well that I ordered another one today for my wife's computer. I have a question, however. The scanner has no on/off button. It gets its power from a USB connection and requires no additional power source. Is it OK to leave it connected to the computer and powered up all the time the computer is on, or would it be better to plug the cable into the USB port only when scanning is to be done and unplug it at other times? So far I have left it connected all the time. The scanner makes a slight noise when the computer wakes up from sleeping, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi JLSchutt,

It is fine to leave the USB cable of the scanner plugged into the computer at all times; however, if you prefer, you can remove the cable and just plug it in when you want to use the scanner.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi JLSchutt,

It is fine to leave the USB cable of the scanner plugged into the computer at all times; however, if you prefer, you can remove the cable and just plug it in when you want to use the scanner.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

annrast
Apprentice

I have a similar problem in that I have to unplug it and plug it back in every time I want to use it.  It's extremely annoying to the point that I wish I had not purchased it.  Why isn't there an on/off switch?  There isn't even a light to tell me that it's on!  When I scan something, I get a window that says it isn't connected to the computer but, if that is the case, why do I get the window telling me that????  If it is not connected, then nothing would happen.  I am VERY annoyed!  Does anyone have a workaround???

I posted the above note almost a year ago and there has not been even one reply!  Not only do I still have the original annoyance of having to plug and unplug it each time I want to use it, but now it won't copy at all!!!!  I've updated the driver so that's not the problem.  This scanner is a piece of junk in my opinion!  I have been unable to find any help anywhere!  I've emailed Canon "support" and am wondering if they will respond!

Announcements