cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIDE210 Scanner - how to do full uninstall?

agentalbert
Apprentice

Bought the LIDE210 scanner, and while it initially worked fine, I got some settings messed up and couldn't figure out how to correct them, even with the on screen manual. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, but same issue. I've uninstalled again, and want to know how to do a full uninstall. I see in my Program Files (x86) folder (using Win 7) the Canon folder with subfolders IJ Manual, IJPLM and Solution Menu EX. Should I just delete the whole Canon folder or is there something else I need to do to completely remove any trace of the previous installation and settings?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi agentalbert,

Typically when settings get messed up, reinstalling only the driver will fix them.  To uninstall the driver, there is an uninstall utility on the CDROM that you can use.  Please disconnect the USB cable from your CanoScan LiDE 210 and then follow these steps:

1.  Put the CanoScan LiDE 210's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it.  

2.  Click on Start and then Run.  If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:

2-1.  Click Start.

2-2.  Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.

2-3.  Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.

2-4.  In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.

2-5.  Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.

2-6.  Click OK in the Properties window.

3.  Click Browse.  In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

4.  Double click the CANOSCAN CDROM.

5.  Double click the folder named Win.

6.  Double click the folder named Driver.

7.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

8.  Double click the file named DELDRV or if you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64.

9.  In the Run box click OK.  Follow the on-screen prompts.

Once the driver has been uninstalled, restart the computer.

When your computer restarts, you can reinstall the driver using the CDROM or by using the latest driver available from Canon's web site:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_lide210#DriversAndS...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements