cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 LCD - no backlight?

techmike
Apprentice

Greetings; New PIXMA G7020 printer, everthing working so far except there is no backlight for the LCD? Have to use a flashlight to view the dispaly. Was the printer designed like this? Is there a setting to turn a backlight on? Or is it broken?

Thanks,

Techmike

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi techmike,

The display of the PIXMA G7020 is not backlit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This response is incorrect as stipulated in the manual which also states that it can be "dimmed.". You can't even read it w/o a backlight.

Boy was I wrong!! I can't believe Canon is selling this when you can't read the lcd in normal household light. Wow. What a rip-off. Anyone figure out a solution other than a flashlight next to the unit?

I ended up mounting a sewing machine lamp on the same shelf as the printer. Crazy to have to do that in order to operate a modern printer. I never expected such a basic requirement to have been overlooked by Cannon. Other wise a great printer, with much ink included in the box.

eridley
Apprentice

had i known this i would not have purchased it, i am over 50 and its impossible to read with out a flashlight.... on the good side i was trialing it personally before purchasing for offices.

back lights are mandatory i cant have my guys wasting time trying to read that stupid little dark display....

xenonaut
Apprentice

Yes - the lack of a backlight is a massive fail. I like the printer overall, but I also might have skipped it if I knew that I would not be able to read the display in my office without a flashlight.

Mphaking
Apprentice

What i can’t believe is that it’s 2023 and Canon has not corrected this.

AZJohn83
Apprentice

I fully cannot understand how Canon can let this issue go for years and not address it. It is not listed in the description of the item that it does not have a back lit LCD screen. I guess they assume no one ever uses it and always connects from a computer. phone or some type of gadget. It is a BIG FAIL on Canon's part. But since they have not fixed it in over 10 years they must not really care.

I will do my best to make sure I give reviews on this product and the Canon family of products that they might print good, BUT THEY SUCK at the USER INTERFACE and Canon could give a **bleep** about what anyone thinks since they never have fixed it.

Announcements