cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get the printer to not print so dark

mi154
Apprentice

I want my printer to print in black ink, which it is doing. The print is clear but the letters are very heavily inked. It's as if it prints everything in bold type like this bold but to my knowledge I have never selected bold print in any document. I want it to print in normal style, like you are reading here. Is there a way to tell the printer to lighten up the printing? It prints everything the same, too dark; word docs, websites, etc. It  almost bleeds through the paper.

I am using a Canon MP620 printer on a PC with windows 7. 

Thanks for any help someone can give me.

7 REPLIES 7

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi mi154,

The settings may be adjusted within the control panel, the following steps may assist you:

1. Click on the start button.
  2. Click on DEVICES & PRINTERS.
  3. Right-click on the MP620.
  4. Left-click on PRINTING PREFERENCES.
  5. Left-click on DRAFT under ADDITIONAL FEATURES
  6. Left-click on APPLY in the lower-right corner.
  7. Left-click on OK in the lower-right corner.
  8. Perform a test print.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I followed the steps you gave me however when I clicked on printing preferences I did not see an option called "additional features" or "drafts" anywhere. I took a screenshot of what I see but there seems no way to attach it to my post....

Please let me know what I can do. Thanks.

Hi mi154,

Thank you for your response. When opening the Printing Preferences window there is an option of 4 tabs. To see the Additional Features option, you will need to be on the Quick Setup page. You may also find an option for Print Quality that should allow you to adjust the settings to Draft as well.

Hi,

I appreciate your response. when I follow your instructions on my PC computer and get to Printer Printing Preferences,  I am not seeing a Draft selection choice. I see the 5 tabs across the top: Main, Page Setup, Effects, Profiles and Maintainance. Looking at the Main page, I see Print Quality options as:  High, Standard, Fast and Custom but no Draft as a choice. I clicked on and looked at each of the 5 tabs and none of them offers a Draft choice.  My printer is a Pixma MP620. Is there another approach?

Hi mi154,

Thank you for the additional information. Within Printing Preferences Main Tab which Print Quality are you set to. If you are set to High or Standard. Try Fast or Custom to try apply lesser ink to the paper. 

Also, when making copies, does the print out come out normally or does it appear bold?

Hi,

I was using Standard print quality. I tried Custom (set to fast) then I tried Fast... both resulted in no change - the print is still too dark black. 

When I make a copy the result is the same - too dark, no different than printing.

Hi mi154,

Thank you for your reply. Adjusting the ink intensity may resolve this issue. Please click HERE for additional information.

Announcements