cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing on a new iMac

jla930
Enthusiast

I have a Pixma MX922 that I'm currently using on an iMac running OSX El Capitan. Im using the printer on wifi. I'm getting a new iMac that will have macOS Sierra. I already downloaded the CUPS driver for the new operating system from Canon's site, and put the driver on a flash drive.

How do I install the MX922 on the new iMac?  I want to continue using wifi, and NOT hook the printer up directly to the computer.  Do I install the new driver before turning the printer power on?  What is the sequence of events I should use?  At what point, if any, do I go into the iMac System Preferences for printers and click the "+" sign?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jla930,

To setup your PIXMA MX922 for wireless use with your Mac, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  In the Driver section, under Recommended, please click on the Select button next to the MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver.

4.  Click the Download button.

5.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

6.  Once the download is complete, click on the Select button next to the MX920 series Scanner Driver.

7.  Click the Download button.

8.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

9.  Once the download is complete, click on the 'Software' link.

10.  Please click on the Select button next to the Canon IJ Network Tool.

11.  Click the Download button.

12.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

13.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

To install your PIXMA MX922 for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <MENU> button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Select Setup and press the <OK> button.

3.  Select Device settings and press <OK>.

4.  Select LAN settings and press <OK>.

5.  Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.

6.  Select Other setup and press <OK>.

7.  Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.

9.  Double click [mcpd-mac-mx920-16_10_0_0-ea21_3.dmg] to install the CUPS printer driver.

10.  Double click [msd_-mac-mx920-19_1_0a-ea11.dmg] to install the scanner driver.

11.  Double click [mnt_-mac-4_7_0-ea21_3.dmg].  Files will extract, follow the prompts to complete installation.

12.  Restart the computer.

If you are experiencing difficulties, you may view the installation process by following this link:

http://Canon.us/szsz

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jla930,

To setup your PIXMA MX922 for wireless use with your Mac, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  In the Driver section, under Recommended, please click on the Select button next to the MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver.

4.  Click the Download button.

5.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

6.  Once the download is complete, click on the Select button next to the MX920 series Scanner Driver.

7.  Click the Download button.

8.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

9.  Once the download is complete, click on the 'Software' link.

10.  Please click on the Select button next to the Canon IJ Network Tool.

11.  Click the Download button.

12.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

13.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

To install your PIXMA MX922 for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <MENU> button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Select Setup and press the <OK> button.

3.  Select Device settings and press <OK>.

4.  Select LAN settings and press <OK>.

5.  Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.

6.  Select Other setup and press <OK>.

7.  Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.

9.  Double click [mcpd-mac-mx920-16_10_0_0-ea21_3.dmg] to install the CUPS printer driver.

10.  Double click [msd_-mac-mx920-19_1_0a-ea11.dmg] to install the scanner driver.

11.  Double click [mnt_-mac-4_7_0-ea21_3.dmg].  Files will extract, follow the prompts to complete installation.

12.  Restart the computer.

If you are experiencing difficulties, you may view the installation process by following this link:

http://Canon.us/szsz

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Patrick. I'm assuming that I can skip all the steps that put the printer on the wireless network, since it already is?

Hi jla930,

Yes, if it is already connected, you can skip those steps.

Thanks again, Patrick.

Announcements