cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing drivers for MG3620 without internet access

JonMcCabe
Apprentice

I am trying to install this driver on a machine which has security requirements to be sequestered from the public internet at all times.

Each time I execute the driver installer, it waits while attempting to "Acquire information on the latest drivers" and after a few minutes it returns an error dialog which suggests that I "check the network connection and try again" Closing that dialog kills the installation with no options to continue.

There are no options for an offline installation. I don't care about having the latest and greatest, only something that will get this printer to print from this offline computer.

This is either a serious bug in the installer, or Canon has made a VERY BAD move to only allow drivers to be installed with an internet connection. This limitation was never declared in the merchandising of this product or on the product packaging.

Is there some obscure way to extract the drivers and do an offline installation?

1 REPLY 1

George_-
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JonMcCabe,

The Acquire information on the latest drivers message is displayed when an error occurs during the installation when the drivers and software are downloaded onto your computer.  You may want to try using the bundled disc or download the individual drivers and software from the PIXMA MG3620 Drivers & Download page onto a read/writable disc or USB flash drive then install.

Announcements