cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Canon PIXMA 922 Model 6992B002

Johnrhoward
Apprentice

There is NO WPS Button on this NEW Canon PIXMA - MX922 Printer? Also NO Blue WPS Button on our Router? SOooo it's Impossible to install this Canon PIXMA - MX 922 Printer! What Say You Canon? [MOD NOTE: eMail address and phone number removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi Johnrhoward!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Hello, Turns out that the Blue WPS Button was eleminated because it allowed Hackers to enter your account, so it has been eleminated from WiFi devices. Also we were not informed that the printers offered at $125.00 are used, refurbished printers. Also backlogged by weeks+. I bought a New, Warrenteed Printer from Best Buy for $99.95. This Deceptive Practice NEEDS TO BE HONEST! And allow customers the Option of buying a "NEW" replacement at a Reduced Price. Needless to say! I'm VERY DISSAPOINTED in this Malpractice Behavior! My next printer will definately be a Different Brand! Thanks, JohnR ~

merrymary247
Rising Star
When it asks you to press the WPS button on the access point, press STOP on the printer. It will give you an option to do a standard setup (where you choose your network name and enter the password) instead.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Johnrhoward,

If you do not have a WPS button on your wireless router, you can still install the printer wirelessly using the Standard Setup method.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below related to your operating system:

PIXMA MX922 Standard Setup - Windows

PIXMA MX922 Standard Setup - Mac

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements