cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inkjet cartridges for PIXMA TS-5230 are awful, expensive, and run out so fast.

kvbsf
Apprentice

I installed my TS-5230 Multifunction printer on 3/15/2020. Four weeks later, after very casual home usage to print short documents on plain paper, I am getting warnings that my black ink cartridge is nearly empty. My combined color cartridge seems to be half full. I have had several printers through the years--but I have never experienced brand name inkjet cartridges the performed so poorly, or ran out of ink in a such a shockingly short amount of time. They are ridiculously expensive. Since I started getting warning messages after only TWO weeks, I purchased a combo pack of 260XL Black and 261XL Color cartridges--at a cost of over $60. I knew better than to buy a printer that uses one cartridge for all colors. My last Canon had individual cartridges for each color. Now, I will have to get a replacement whenever I run out of one color--even if I have more than enough ink in the other colors. It is such a disappointment to be manipulated by their choice to use cartridges that have to be replaced on an appallingly frequent basis. This is the third or fourth Canon printer I have purchased, and it is the worst one I have owned in terms of quality, construction, ease of use, reliability, and ridiculous ink consumption. The cartridges are so expensive that I spent about $40 more on two Canon XL cartridges than I spent on the printer itself. Do not purchase a Canon printer unless it uses about five separtate ink cartridges that can be replaced independently (as was the case with my MG-5320. I could also get high quality third party cartridges that lasted forever and delivered excellent print quality. I think I will reconnect my older printer and deal with the minor compatibility issues with MacOS Catalina. Regret the purchase and am disappointed by Canon's downward slide in the quality of their products.

Kevin VB

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements