cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink running out really fast?

mistnight
Apprentice

Hello!

This is my first printer so I'm not sure how ink works.  However, after printing about 6 pages full text, my ink cartridge is about half empty.  Should ink be running out this fast?  I have a Canon MX492 and I'm using the PG-245 ink cartidges that came with the printer (since it is new).

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hello mistnight!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums, and thank you for your post!

We encourage you to reach out to our 100% free, 100% US-based technical support team to investigate your ink usage. While this could be completely normal, they'll be able to determine if your printer is using more ink than it should.

Our team is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello mistnight!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums, and thank you for your post!

We encourage you to reach out to our 100% free, 100% US-based technical support team to investigate your ink usage. While this could be completely normal, they'll be able to determine if your printer is using more ink than it should.

Our team is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

Thank you! Apparently the ink that comes with the new printer doesn't have a very long life.
Announcements