cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink level display problem

gezgez
Apprentice

New cartridge installed but display says ink low. Tried removing, reinstalling. Tried removing, turning, off, reinstalling. Pressed Stop/reset to remove message, as per Community advice. Nothing works.

4 REPLIES 4

Porcha
Rising Star

Hello gezgez,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone.

Sorry - key piece of info missed out!  My printer is an MX475.

@gezgez wrote:

Sorry - key piece of info missed out!  My printer is an MX475.

Thanks for the response

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I have a G3800 printer and MacbookPro laptop.

I am able to perform all printer functions I can find under the Systems Preferences - eg cleaning functions, test pages, page alignments, deep cleans etc, BUT every time I call up the Ink Level Display' the software returns the message 'Information Not Available'.

I reloaded all drivers from the Canon site approx 8 days ago and am running Version 10.14.5 of the OS.

I have run the deep cleaning a couple of times - which used a lot of ink - refilled the ink reservoirs and reset the counters, but continue to get the 'Information Not Available' message.

5 days ago I took the printer to the Canon Servce Shop because I kept getting error messages following the deep cleaning that I could find no fix to - they provided a replacement printhead and returned the printer in full operating condition, EXCEPT I still get the "information Not Available' for the Ink Level Display function.

The service center on this problem was it had to be a software issue - no further comment from them!!

Announcements