cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink cartridge not recognized

marcellcolon
Apprentice
Hello. I just changed cartridges in a Pixma MG7720. Now the printer displays the support code 1750 (Appropriate ink tank is not installed) for four of the six cartridges. The light on them will not come on since I put them in. They are all OEM and not re-filled. I tried removing and putting back on, switching on and off the machine, even cleaning the print head and nothing. Any light someone might shed on what might be going on? Thank you
15 REPLIES 15

Yes, the same Canon tanks purchased from Staples for the last 3 years.

Hi clifparkbj,

Since you are using Canon ink and resetting the print head did not work, the printer has experienced an internal hardware issue.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

It is illegal for printer manufacturers to specifically prevent the use of thrid party or refilled in cartridges (SCOTUS: Impression Products, Inc. vs. Lexmark International, Inc.).  If Canon has blocked their use and cannot provide a workaround for our legally purchased and correctly installed third party products we need to first report the problem to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC.gov) and in parallel take to social media and industry chat boards to let people know that the ethical standards at Canon allow them to boost sales by violating trade laws.  

How can I use my third party ink cartridges?  They worked fine in my last Canon printer which failed due to an unknown hardware error, I bought another thinking I could use the same ink and this one will not recognize them.  

tae111
Contributor

That just happened to me today only the tank has been in the printer for awhile and has about 1/3 of it's ink left (c271XL Magenta). It is also a Canon ink tank and not a knockoff. I took it out and put it back in but that didn't work. I replaced it with a new magenta tank and it is now working. As printer ink is one of the most valuable liquids on the planet earth it ticks me off that 1/3 of this tank is now trash. My error code was 1660 though.

hyperjetlag
Apprentice

I have a Canon TS6120 and the Canon-made magenta "ink tank" is not recognised, support code 1660. 

I have removed the cartirdges, and then removed the printhead and cleaned it, put it back in - and it did not fix the problem. 

I have turned the machine off and on and unplugged etc. 

I would appreciate any other ideas. 

Announcements