cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Cartridges Won't Align

crazycatlady27
Apprentice

Hi.  I own a Canon Pixma MG3600 printer.  My black in ran out, so I replaced it.  Then I noticed the color in the images looked fuzzy.  I tried to realign the ink cartidges by printing a test page (holding down the "Stop" button until the alarm button blinks four times).  It would start to print, get halfway through, then stop.  When I would turn the printer on and off again, the paper would eject nd the lines were all out of line.  I tried multiple times and the same thing kept happening.  I read somwhere online that you have to replace the color ink cartridge in addition to the black cartridge if it is low as well (and it was), so I did.  Still, misaligned, still the printer would stop halfway through the test print.  I promise I have checked, double-checked, and triple-checked that the ink cartridges are the right kind and properly installed.  Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Problems with print/character alighnment are usually either one of the cartridges themselves or from a clogged print head.

Its unlikely the cartridges are defective, but if they are severely old, then this might cause an issue.

A clogged print head could cause lines or characters to not appear sharp.  Your print head can get clogged if you don't use the printer frequently or if you have allowed it to sit without printer for several months.  Usually a head cleaning which primes the head wil force a blockage out.  Uses a lot of ink though as you sometimes have to perform the cleaning more that 1 time.

Maybe this will help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements