cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Absorber Message MG6100

heatherb48
Apprentice

I would like to know what I need to do about the Ink Absorber message I have been receiving. It says my ink absorber is full.

The model is PIXMA MG6100 wireless inkjet printer

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no easy fix for this error.  The ink absorber has a "useable" life and when it gets (near) full or fully saturated with ink, the printer will start showing you the message.

Your ink absorber pad need to be cleaned or replaced.  If you have let it go, you may also need to reset the ink absorber counter using the "service tool"

This is not considered a user serviceable part and thus there is no official guide from Canon on how to do it...  Search Google.

Dealing with the absorber can be messy, latex gloves are a good idea. Tissue, long stick Q-Tips, and rubbing alcohol are also helpful.

In the end, a new device might be the way to go.  Why I say this.  Cost for shipping and service is expensive.  If you factor in your time dealing with what amounts to a "messy job" buying something new can make more sense.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I appreciate your response Rick. Seems like a waste but probably going to opt for the new printer. I wonder if the old one can be recycled?

Thanks again!

Hi heatherb48.

If you're located in the United States, you're eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Printer recycling is generally handled by your state's recycling system.  More information is linked HERE on the Canon U.S.A. website.  If you're located outside of the U.S., refer to your local branch of Canon for available recycling initiatives.  You may find your local branch of Canon through the Canon Global website: https://global.canon/en/support

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements