cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D1370 and scan to email

dingomutt
Apprentice

I don't know if anyone has been able to achieve this but I've been pulling my hair trying to configure scan to email.  I've used both hotmail and gmail and none of them work. 

gmail

[Email address partially deleted per forum guidelines]@gmail.com"

[Password removed per forum guidelines]

Port 587

Did the same with hotmail with another port and both settings return error.  Ive watched videos where it says to use TLS for SMTP but I cannot find this option anywhere.  Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

dingomutt
Apprentice

Anyone has any idea how to configure it??  Anyone from Canon?

Hi, dingomutt!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello dingomutt,

I understand you are trying to setup the scan to email feature on with your imageCLASS D1370.

When setting up the scan to email feature, you will need consult with your Network Administrator or Internet Provider for specific information you will need such as port numbers, SMTP server address, authentication method and so on.  When using Gmail, I have found that using smtp.gmail.com for the SMTP Server and setting 465 (SSL required) for the port works.  Keep in mind, you have to enter you full Gmail email address for the E-Mail Address and User Name when setting up the email settings.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements