cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Garden software won't work on Windows 10.

jblake
Apprentice

For my new printer MG7520, the Image Garden software won't function in Windows 10.

It opens but no commands or features will respond.

I installed the current version for Win 10 from the Canon website.

The Canon Help Desk provided no soultion.

14 REPLIES 14

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To try and resolve this issue, please uninstall the current MP Drivers, IJ Network Tool, My Image Garden, Quick Menu and My Printer installations from the computer.

Then return to our website at the following link to download and reinstall these items to see if this helps with the issue.

MG7520 Drivers & Software

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just updated to W10 from W8.2 and I cannot find My Image Garden Software. Everything else that was already on the computer and associated with the Canon Printer Software is there and works fine. Has the problem reported earlier been worked out between Canon and MS, or is this part of the same problem?

I have the same issue.  I have windows 10 and a MG7750.  Each time I try to scan image garden opens and freezes with a black screen.  I have to manually close it down.  I have deleted all the canon program and re-downloaded but the same keeps happening - any ideas how to fix it???

Open Canon Quick Menu, run the tools icon, change settings for each button and software option to "Save in" a folder of your choice, and change Application settings to open with app "Windows Explorer."  And close with "OK."

Then such scans will save to specified folder, which will open and highlight your new scanned image.

My Image Garden seems to offer some processing choices, if Canon ever gets it fixed, but you may bypass it as detailed above and use other processing options.

Best! Smiley Happy

rgoh
Apprentice
I have the same problem. Have uninstalled everything and reloaded everything with the latest software from canons website.

When you press print, it will change the icon to the loading icon but will not do anything and will be jammed from there. You have to manually close the application.

synkron35
Apprentice
Same issue with this software on my new Prixma MG 6650 PRINTER. Software will not function after creating a calendar with all the pictures JPEG setting up the printer as directed hitting print and the screen freezes saying print being processed no further action is possible. This issue is on two computers running windows 10 one is connected by USB the other via wireless both show the same freeze out after hitting print. Soft ware operates in windows 7 home premium with no problems. I have contacted Canon UK support explaining fully this issue and given all the information requested about network for printer all checks out. Still waiting a answer informed them that issue has been raised on the community has anyu one had a reply or found a solution. Thank you Regards S H

reynierpm
Apprentice

I am running the same exact issue!! My Windows is Aniversary Edition 64 bits and the printer is the MG7720. Canon Support do something!!! In the meantime has anyone knows any app that we can use for scan documents with the printer?

Andy2
Apprentice

I recently purchaed a Canon TS8050 and one of the main features I want to use is the CD label printing. From my understanding this only works with the My Image Garden software, which crashes shortly after starting up.

This is a new printer and software and im using it on Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Andy2,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements