cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im unable to print a DVD/CD from My Image Garden (MG7720 Pixma)

Fustrated
Apprentice

Im unable to print a DVD/CD from My Image Garden. It never gives me the option to pring from the disc tray feed. (using a MG7720)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A critical point was not mentioned by the Canon representative.  After you install the drivers as they recommended, you have to go back to the My Image Garden preferences under "General" and uncheck the box that says "Print/Scan using Airprint".  Once I did that everything worked as per the instructions

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hi there!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,

Im using a Imac operating system (OS El Capitan Ver 10.11.6) im also using my WIFI to connect to the printer. It never gives me the option to print from the disc tray feed, it only want to print from tray 1 or 2....

5.png

Hi there!

You'll want to make sure you're using the Canon drivers and not AirPrint. AirPrint won't typically allow you to change paper type/tray.

You can get the Canon software and drivers from our site HERE.

If you've installed the Canon drivers and software, and you're still having difficulties, we'd recommend reaching out to our friendly, US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). Support at Canon USA is always free.

If you're outside of the US, click HERE for support options in your country or region. 

A critical point was not mentioned by the Canon representative.  After you install the drivers as they recommended, you have to go back to the My Image Garden preferences under "General" and uncheck the box that says "Print/Scan using Airprint".  Once I did that everything worked as per the instructions

How do I reach the preferences in my image garden?

Finally sussed out how it's done, I can now print a DVD on my Pixma ip 7250, thanks for that valuable piece of information.

You are my hero. You brought my frustration to an end. How am I supposed to know this? Its not even in the printers manual. Thank you so much! 

Just done that. Then the software does not let me choose L (CD) anymore.

Announcements