cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP3600 Service Error 6A80

Jobo
Apprentice

I was hoping someone can help me out. I purchased my IP3600 back on December 9th of 2012 and have never had much of an issue nor a single jam problem with this printer (unlike my HP). That is...until this morning.

Basically, I do home made hot sauces and my IP3600 handles the print runs of labels for the bottles. So this morning I had hooked up the printer as usual, but unlike all the other times for the past year or so, this time my printer refuses to work. 

When connected and turned on, the green light blinks and you can hear all of its mechanical goodness as it's doing its usual warm up thing and then the green light stops blinking and goes solid green to show it's ready for printing. If the printer has sat for a long time, I typically do a quick cleaning to ensure the labels print correctly and the ink is flowing as it should. Only when I tried this morning, it's now popping up with:

"SERVICE ERROR 6A80. Cancel printing and turn the printer off then on again. If this doesn't clear the error, see the printer manual for more detail."

I do as directed, and afterwards try to do anything with the printer and it kicks up the same Error 6A80. I tried completely disconnecting everything from the printer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Hooked it back up, turned it on, but instead of doing a cleaning I tried to print a picture. It printed the picture just fine and afterwards I noticed the green and yellow lights blinking again and I suddenly got the 6A80 error box. WEIRD! I tried looking at the manual and couldn't find anything. And when I googled this issue, what little I managed to find on it, the tips mentioned are for other Canon printers that have a number pad to hold down and whatnot. All I have is the power button and the cancel button. Smiley Sad

I also noticed the green and yellow lights are blinking in an alternating pattern: 12 green and 12 yellow blinks. (yellow, green, yellow, green....so on and so forth). 

I'm really at a  loss here, and needless to say it has  halted production since I can't print. If there is anything that can be tried--even if unofficial home tips--I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Regards,

John Finlay

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi Jobo!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Jobo
Apprentice

Just a quick update. I tried turning it off and letting it sit for awhile and turn it back on. This time the printhead moved all the way to the right and then I had the 6A80 error. The major problem with that is, now the printhead is stuck on the right hand side of the printer and can't move. I tried powering down and moving it manually but there is no "give" to it. If I put pressure to push it in more or try pulling it out it's just a plastic sound, so I stopped out of fear of snapping something.

I'm wondering if when the error happened as the printer was doing its thing sliding the printhead on startup it sort of locked when the error happened. And now I can't clear the error to get it unstuck/unlocked. Soon as you plug all the cables back in and power it on, the green and yellow lights start blinking. 

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jobo,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.  Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MarionFirn
Apprentice

My problem too! Hope you have had good advice that will help me too. I have got the latest driver and have deleted files in the spooler, but to no avail. this happened just after another Windows 10 download - too many errors occur after Windows 10 downloads!

I need UK support!. Really frustrated as can not even print advice

We apologize, the Canon Community Forum is run by Canon USA! You can reach Canon UK here. We hope this helps!

Announcements