cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INK CARTRIDGE CONSUMES TOO FAST

AnDrEW5
Apprentice

Hello !

As I said in the subject ,I have a problem with my printer. I have a PIXMA MG3650 series. I have bought new cartridges , black/white and color. First of all, it doesn't work without one of them. Second of all, after I have printed a couple of sheets, I found out that the COLOR  cartridge ink was being consumed VERY FAST ,even though the sheets I printed were black/white ! I have even tried to change from the 'use the both cartridges' option in the Printer Settings, into 'use only the black/white cartridge' ,but the problem persists. Still,my printer consumes a lot of the color cartridge ink. Also,the cartridges are expensive.I almost paid on them more than I paid on the printer! I don't know why the option I chose from the Printer Settings    ( could it be from the Windows XP ,that I am having installed on PC? ) does not work...

Please,help me as I don't want to buy another printer!! (because this one is just all I need,and I have to fix the problem as fast as possible)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your OS has nothing to do with ink consumption.  

Think of it this way.  

White is the absence of color.

Black is the presence of all color.  So printing black means that the printer is using all colors to achieve > black. 

There are exceptions depending on the media type and print settings, but in general, all colors are used to make black.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements