cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility cannot communicate with scanner on Pixma TR7550

Robolovsky
Apprentice

I recently installed the Pixma TR7550 along with the full set of drivers which include the IJ Scanning utility.  The printer is connected to my Windows 7 machine by a USB cable and works fine but when I run the scanning utity I get this message:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
Scanner is turned off.
(If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.
(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
Network connection is prohibited by security software.
Different scanner on the network is selected.

Check the above and try scanning again.
If you still cannot communicate, restart the computer.

Needless to say I have done all of those things but the message continues to appear. I then came across an old Epson scanning utility on my machine and tried that. Guess what, it works absolutely fine. It is old and not as fully featured as the IJ utility but at least I can scan to the computer.

So why would an old Epson utility be able to see my scanner and not the Canon utility??

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA TR7550 is not sold or supported by Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks Steven. I believe the TR7550 is known as the TR7520 in the US. Otherwise all drivers, error messages etc for the TR7500 series. are the same.

If you need support for a TR7520, and you're in the USA, you'll want to sign into your My Canon Account and find your support options there.

If you're outside of the USA, you'll need to reach out to Canon in your country/region to discover your support options. You'll find contact information by following the links HERE

Announcements