cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility 2.3.4 for Mac OS Catalina

JCG
Contributor

IJ Scan Utility 2.3.4  doesn't work properly for Mac OS Catalina. The first page of a document is correctly scanned, but scanning the second page yields the error message "Failed to open a session on the device" No driver is listed, for Canon MG3220.  When can we expect a working driver for this OS?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Duke1
Apprentice

I have the same problem with a Lide220 Scanner and this worked so it may work for you.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/lide_series/canoscan_lide_220.ht...

View solution in original post

THanks! Your solution worked even though my model was not listed as compatible.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

v2.3.4 is only certified through OSX Sierra.

There is a driver available on the support page fro your model.  Driver for Catalina dated 9/29 - IJ Scan Utility - States Certified for OSX Catalina 10.15

MG3200 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.2.0 (Mac)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This sounds great, but on the support page for MG3220 that I found I got the message

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver." Evidently I have the wrong page, but I don't know how to find the page you quote. I tried looking directly using the info you provided, but I could only find Version 19.0 which is apparently not good for Catalina.  Can you give me a clue hw to find the page you quote?

@JCG wrote:

This sounds great, but on the support page for MG3220 that I found I got the message

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver." Evidently I have the wrong page, but I don't know how to find the page you quote. I tried looking directly using the info you provided, but I could only find Version 19.0 which is apparently not good for Catalina.  Can you give me a clue hw to find the page you quote?

I got the same message.

Following my link

Driver here 

19.2.0.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the driver, but the software IJ scan utiility 2.3.4  still doesn't work. My experience so far is that Canon Product Support is completely useless. Can you provide a link to a page where I can download scanner utility software that might be compatible with Catalina?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JCG,

The newest drivers have been posted, but the scanning software has not, yet.  Please continue to check the downloads page for this.  It should be available soon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.  I downloaded the printer update and the printer works however, the scanner indicates a different model multifunction printe than I have.  I hope the scan utility will correct this.

Hi

I am still getting the message "there is no driver for the OS you selected" on the support page for MG3220. Is there another support page?

THANK YOU shadowsports!
Announcements