cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to scan several photo prints together (not separately)

goggled
Contributor

These were all of our grandchild taken 18 years ago, and were to be sent attached to an email. There were quite a few, so I decided to place three or four on the MG68** platen with slight gaps between them. The recipient would deal with printing.

However having selected that I was scanning as photos, I was disappointed that the output either had overlapping, half printed or otherwisw bad outcomes. This was not because the items on the platen had become displaced.

Trying automated mode could cope but of course output was PDF which would need conversion to jpg.

I therefore had to scan each picture separately.

Why could the scanner function not cope with my need? Anyone with ideas, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi goggled,

Depending on the spacing of the items that were placed on the platen glass, the printer may not have been able to scan all of the photos completely.  When placing items on the platen glass for scanning, you will need to allow 0.4 inch (1 cm) or more space between the edges of the platen and items, and between items.  More information on placing and positioning items on the platen glass for scanning can be viewed here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi goggled,

Depending on the spacing of the items that were placed on the platen glass, the printer may not have been able to scan all of the photos completely.  When placing items on the platen glass for scanning, you will need to allow 0.4 inch (1 cm) or more space between the edges of the platen and items, and between items.  More information on placing and positioning items on the platen glass for scanning can be viewed here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I shall keep that noted, should I want to do similar next time

Announcements