10-05-2014 03:30 PM
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and what model printer you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.
10-14-2014 07:49 AM
The IJ Scan Utility that comes with the printer can assist you with scanning a document into your computer. To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:
1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
2. Start typing IJ SCAN UTILITY. The search window opens as you type. Once the IJ SCAN UTILITY is displayed, please select and open it.
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN or PHOTO SCAN option on the left pane of the window, depending on what you would like to scan.
5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the MY DOCUMENTS folder, but if you already have the USB flash drive plugged into your computer, you can select that drive as the location to save the scanned document.
6. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
7. Click the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.
If you find that you need advanced scanning options such as adjusting resolution, brightness, contrast, saturation, color balance, etc. in addition to the options selected above, please click on the SCANGEAR button on the IJ Scan Utility Main screen, then adjust the items as necessary.
Once the document has been scanned into your computer, you can insert the CD into your computer, then navigate to the area where you saved the scanned document and burn it to the CD. If you did not scan the document directly to the USB flash drive, you can copy and paste the document to the USB flash drive from the save location.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.