cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I refilled cartridge: Pixma MX922, shows out of ink??

lenderpro1
Apprentice

I have new Pixma MX922.  I refilled Cyan and large Black cartidge (at Costco). Cyan now show out of ink?  Black cartridge icon shows very low?  Is there a software problem?  Does printer software need reset?

4 REPLIES 4

connieanne
Contributor

OMG!  Now the MX922 is going south??  CANON!!!  What the heck is going on??

It's all about Canon selling you their ink.  Simple economics 101.  It's disappointing because there are professional ink refillers, like Costco.   However, it all about money. 

Ramona
Authority

Hi lenderpro1,

Once an ink tank has been refilled, we cannot guarantee that the ink levels will be detected properly, or that it will continue to work in the printer, as sometimes the chip on the ink tank will get damaged during the refill process.  We recommend replacing the ink tanks with Canon genuine ink tanks for best results and accurate readings.

Should you have difficulty locating inks for your printer locally, Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at the Canon eStore or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon eStore representative.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

east3066
Apprentice
The first thing you have to understand is that printer manufacturers are not really in the business to make printers. They are in it to sell ink. Refilling ink cartridges is against the prime directive. They only produce feature laden printers to attract ink consumers. If they can intro a new model with enough features to allow them to get away with selling you 1% more ink this year without you "noticing" it that's a home run. I've had some refill HP cartridges for me who forgot to "reset" the cartridge and the error message said it was out of ink. I took it back and they stuck it in a device that "reset" the cartridge and all was well again. I haven't found anyone who will refill 922 cartridges so apparently Canon figured out how to cut that option off. The MX922 barely has enough features after a year to offset the incredible thirst for ink. Here's hoping to it going belly up soon. I hate retiring a working printer. I'm getting close with this ink drinker. Maybe it will mysteriously tumble off my desk.
Announcements