Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: I'm having problems setting up my MG3620 wireless connection.

Same issue. Just out of the box, will not connect to computer using Windows 10. The wifi light on the printer will blink. I also think it's fascinating how many people who've posted here with the same problem EXPLICITLY MENTIONED that they followed the steps in the manual, and how many Canon reps have responded by POSTING THE STEPS IN THE MANUAL. I don't mean to be sarcastic, but thank God these people are actually reading the issues before copy-pasting their responses. Oh, I guess I did mean to be sarcastic. If you'll excuse me, I'm off the leave a review of this product on Amazon.com. In all seriousness, can somehow please explain how to connect a Windows 10 PC to this thing? I'm about two more headaches from returning it.
Product Expert

Ianissimo,

Please check to make sure that the ink cartridges have been installed.  If the ink cartridges are not installed, the wireless configuration canot be performed.  Next, review the file at the following link for directions on how to perform the wireless setup.

Wireless Setup on Windows Computers 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

2020...same issue! At least I know I'm not alone.  So frustrating...

Save your time and sanity and splurge on a better printer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have this problem -with Mac OS11.2.1 Big Sur 

New Contributor

Hi, Ever since I changed my wifi router I am no longer able to connect  my computer to the WIFI.  Having gone through the above steps  multiple times, I get through to part 2, It finds my printer, it tells me my connection is complete and when it starts to download the image garden (i think that is what it's called) it gives me a installation Failure everytime and makes me start over.  I'm not sure else to do at this point.  I just bought a brand new macbook pro OS 11.2.2. I'm trying not to pay $20 for phone support. so any other help would be appreciated.

Please help!

New Contributor

I had this same issue and the answer was too simple. I had not installed the two ink cartridges and the printer will not allow set up until this step is done. Oddly, this step is not included in the Getting Started instructions.