cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having problems setting up my MG3620 wireless connection.

kayb527
Apprentice

I recently purchased an MG3620 and I can't seem to setup the printer using the wireless connection. The printer is not being found on the network. When I press and hold the wireless button (per on screen instructions) the on button does not flash once as it says it should on the screen. Can anyone help?

17 REPLIES 17

igor1111,

Please visit www.canon.com/ijsetup to download and run the setup software on your computer.  This will take you through the process of connecting the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

Once the printer is on the network, make sure that your Android device is on the same Wi-Fi network as well.  Then download our free Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app and the Canon Print Service from the Google Play Store to print from your Android device.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ianissimo
Apprentice
Same issue. Just out of the box, will not connect to computer using Windows 10. The wifi light on the printer will blink. I also think it's fascinating how many people who've posted here with the same problem EXPLICITLY MENTIONED that they followed the steps in the manual, and how many Canon reps have responded by POSTING THE STEPS IN THE MANUAL. I don't mean to be sarcastic, but thank God these people are actually reading the issues before copy-pasting their responses. Oh, I guess I did mean to be sarcastic. If you'll excuse me, I'm off the leave a review of this product on Amazon.com. In all seriousness, can somehow please explain how to connect a Windows 10 PC to this thing? I'm about two more headaches from returning it.

Ianissimo,

Please check to make sure that the ink cartridges have been installed.  If the ink cartridges are not installed, the wireless configuration canot be performed.  Next, review the file at the following link for directions on how to perform the wireless setup.

Wireless Setup on Windows Computers 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thankscannon
Apprentice

2020...same issue! At least I know I'm not alone.  So frustrating...

Save your time and sanity and splurge on a better printer.

mdhoy
Apprentice

I have this problem -with Mac OS11.2.1 Big Sur 

steephu
Apprentice

I had this same issue and the answer was too simple. I had not installed the two ink cartridges and the printer will not allow set up until this step is done. Oddly, this step is not included in the Getting Started instructions.

maladoror
Apprentice

It is 2022 now and I had the problem of the wifi light just not flashing. Loaded the ink cartridges, still nothing. Reloaded them. Loaded paper and waited till the printer was done making noises sensing the loaded paper. Held the wifi button down for 3 seconds and the wifi light started flashing. Perhaps this was just an anomaly in the matrix at that moment and not a fix, but just may be it could help someone/

redcrosslsb
Apprentice

I had this issue as well. My wifi had both a 2.4 and a 5 network. In order for the printer to connect to one of them, we had to temporarily shut off one of the networks. Once the printer was connected, we were able to turn the other network back on. Then the laptop was able to connect to the printer easily.

Announcements