cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm experiencing lamp adjustment delay on my Canon 4400F Scanner.

Furaxnovel
Apprentice

Is there a solution to the frustrating lamp adjustment delay on the Canon 4400F Scanner?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi Furaxnovel,

So we can better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1.  What program are you using to scan?

2.  What operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X)?

3.  What scan resolution do you have selected?  If you lower the scan resolution, does this resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your offer of help.  I'm using Windows 7; the scan program is CanoScan Toolbox 5.0; and I did lower the resolution on a PDF scan from 300 dpi to 200 dpi but it didn't solve the problem.  However, after posting on CanonForum I went out and bought VueScan for $30.  This solved the problem so that now when I have a multi-page scan I use VueScan and there's no light adjustment delay.  Strange, but CanoScan Toolbox 5.0 has worked properly for years, first on XP and then on Win7 before the problem suddenly arose.

I really don't have the time to try to solve Canon's problem with their scanner software now that I have VueScan.  But I will say this:  I'm not the only person experiencing this problem and Canon should get it fixed because, without VueScan, my Canon Scanner 4400F was close to being recycled.

Again, thanks for your reply.

I am having the same problem and my OS is windows 10.

Any way to speed this up?

Hi alamin104,

The CanoScan 4400F is not supported with Windows 10.  You may try using the Windows 7 driver, but this is not supported and would be performed at your own risk.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements