cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just set up my new mx922. What is the orange plastic device for

mikrav
Apprentice

I just set up my new mx922. I'm wondering what the orange plastic device is for and where does it go when not in use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Most bright orange items are part of the packing materials that should have been removed.

Please check the Getting Started guide that came with the printer for illustrations of what should have been removed.

If you need additional assistance with the orange part, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Most bright orange items are part of the packing materials that should have been removed.

Please check the Getting Started guide that came with the printer for illustrations of what should have been removed.

If you need additional assistance with the orange part, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Michael. It makes sense now. I did remove it while unpacking, but thought it might be needed for later use. It was in a compartment in the top right portion of the printer. I haven't come across any reason for this compartment. When I open the lid on the mx922, there is a lid front right. Is it just there for maintenance purposes?

question not answered

I canonot receive the reply that was posted.

Okay, saw the answer.  So, if I take out the cube, my question is what is the empty well there for?

Hi RamonSender,

If you are talking about the Orange cube that comes out of the printer to the right of when you can load ink then nothing goes in there. The cube is there to keep the print head in place when the printer is shipped.

Thanks! Question answered.
Announcements