cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just set up my PIXMA MX922 and am getting "SUPPORT CODE 1008" error message.

cthourihan
Apprentice

It reads "no paper in lower tray", but there IS paper in there.  When I press OK, it just doesn't seem to pick up paper from the tray...it works at it for a minute, then get the 'support code'.  What do I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Ebony
Rising Star

Hi cthourihan,

If you are not using plain paper, please respond with the type of paper that you are using.

If you are having issues feeding plain paper, try the following steps listed HERE and let us know what happens.

If you need more immediate assistance, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. Tried your solution. Not fixed. 

This site can’t be reached

kbsupport.cusa.canon.com took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This is what I get when i went to link mentioned above to answer this question.  I am not a newbie with computers.

Why do I have to use your little A4 paper to align print head?

Why am I having to sign up for this community to try and get answers on setting up a printer and wasting my weekend?

Why did  I not just buy another Brother printer that had lasted me 8 years with no real issues or having to register on their website just to get to print one page during setup?

Should I just box all this up and send back to Amazon is the question I am asking now and drive somewhere to buy another printer?

Forgot to mention the blue ink on my hand, even though I did not sqeeze cartridge when I removed end cover.  I actually read all directions and performed every step correctly.

Signed,

Blue Thumb

P.S. Why ask Why??

I got a similar error on my printer the very first time.  When I opened teh tray, I saw that the paper guides were not exactly moved up to touch to paper to keep it in position.  As soon as I slid those in place it worked fine.  Good luck.

Solved with right paper in right tray.  Will not work with A4 paper

I have been having this very issue for some time now. Nothing is working. I have tried everything posted in this forum. I have been a long time customer of Canon but this is too much. First, the wireless feature quit working and now this. I started a chat for help but was asked to supply a credit card and pay $5 for an answer to my problem. At this point, I have decided to give up on Canon products. As a customer for over 30 years, I am appalled at being asked for money to fix this problem. I need a printer that works and cannot spend any more time and effort trying to be a loyal consumer. I bought the Pixma 922 and suggest to others to choose a different printer. Shame on Canon.  

Hello!

We wanted to reach out to let you know we don't charge for technical support! It sounds like you may have been in contact with a 3rd party. You can reach our free US-based techical support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday through Friday 10AM to 10PM ET, excluding holidays, or by email everyday here: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Announcements