cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a pixma mp500 and I have stripes when I print. all cartridges are showing fine.

hlcampbell56
Apprentice

I have a pixma mp500 and I have stripes when I print. all cartridges are showing fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hlcampbell56,

Please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-8BK Black
PGI-5 Black
CLI-8Y Yellow
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8C Cyan

Next, a test should be performed of your PIXMA MP500.  This test shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Test Pattern: 

1.  Press the Open button on your PIXMA MP500 to open the output tray.

2.  Load letter-sized plain paper in the auto sheet feeder or the cassette.

3.  Press the Menu button on your PIXMA MP500.

4.  Press the right cursor to select Maintenance/settings, then press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Maintenance.

6.  Press OK to select Nozzle check.

7.  Press OK to select Yes.

The nozzle check pattern will print.  Please compare your printout with the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.  If they differ, please perform printhead cleanings.  To perform a Deep Cleaning, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Menu button on your PIXMA MP500.

2.  Press the right cursor to select Maintenance/settings, then press OK.

3.  Press OK to select Maintenance.

4.  Press the down arrow to select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.  If there is no improvement in the Nozzle Check, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

MP500 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Had a similar issue (black only) on my MG5320. Took the print head out & set it in a shallow dish of Windex for 2-3 hours. Printing fine ever since.

My head cleanning shows all the lines except the PBGK lines.  It is a brand new cartridge.  What might be wrong?

Announcements