cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a pixma MX882 printer and all of a sudden it stopped printing black text, can you help?

richardjancsi
Contributor

14 REPLIES 14

Hello MDennison.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply.  I actually sent an e-mail to mfp@cits.canon.com the same day I posted this, unsure if I would receive a response here.  I sent the same information as I originally posted.  Here's the pertinent part of the reply I received: 

Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding the PIXMA MX882 not printing black.  I can provide information on that.

Based on the troubleshooting you have already done there is likely another hardware issue beyond the print head causing it not to print black.  Since the printer is outside the one year warranty, I can only recommend the Canon Loyalty Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

So it doesn't sound like there is much hope for my printer.  I contacted the CLP and their deals weren't all that great.  The only other step I've been told to try is to clean the parking station.  I'll try that then I think I'll have to call it quits and try to get a refund on the new print head.  I found I can purchase an MX922 at Amazon for just under $100, so I may have to bite the bullet and do that.

My Pixma MX892 has printed over 4500 pages and the Grayscale/Black-and-white output stopped working suddenly also.

• The Canon diagnostics were helpful, but my PGBK section was completely blank, so I did not realize it was supposed to be there until later
  • The bulit-in print head cleaning was not sufficient
  • The manual (with water and all) print head worked, and I got a large amount of black and blue ink output

Thinking back

• It does not surprise me that the black ink was clogged
  • That is the color I use for most of my printing

Thanks to the guy who created the video of the manual print head removal and cleaning procedure

I know this thread is super old, but I have an old MX882 and it started ptinting with big horizontal gaps in the ink, see image below.  I tried Sailors video of running the print head under warm water and it solved the problem about 90%.  Thank you Sailor!printer problem_0001.jpg

jaycook
Apprentice
I separated the white plate from the black housing. I left the flat rubber gasket on the white plastic plate. Be very careful with the ribbon cable. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed......... you get it. Rinse every hole, both sides of the plate and the housing. Then I took Canned Air and blew every hole out individually. Like put the end of the Canned Air straw right over each hole and make sure they are clean and dry before reassembling. This completely worked for me. Jay.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements