cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new MX492. When I make copies it cuts off about 1/8" off the sides using feeder or flat bed

welke
Contributor

I have a new MX492. When I make copies it cuts off about 1/8" off the sides. It does not matter if I am using the top feeder or the flat bed. I have tried the fit-to-page and the borderless options, but these just make it worse. I tried scaling it down, but makes no difference. Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Hi, welke!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know what paper size your original document is. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

standard 8.5 x 11 paper

I have attached a photo showing the original document on the bottom and the copy on the top.20170112_111717.jpg

Any response?  Mine does the same thing when printing.  The sides are cut off, just as yours are with copying.  

Sorry, it has been over a year and no response......

Wow, that's disappointing.  

No kidding! Other than this, I love my printer. I just have to use the flat bed to copy if I want it perfectly straight. They sent me a new printer last summer as my original one locked up when it was doing its self maintenance and that all went very smoothly. The new printer one has this same issue with cutting off the edge when using the feeder. 

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mine does the same thing when printing from a computer.  

Announcements