cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma MX310 multifunction printer. I am having problems with the scanner.

smaugust
Apprentice

I have a dell computer with windows 7 os. 64X . I have a Canon MX310 multifuncton printer. The scanner has been working fine. Now I am having problems.  I am getting an error message when I scan. It scans and then this message comes up from the scanner.

"You are missing a necessary feature. Please install Desktop Experience from the Server Manager. Then restart the computer."

This comes up as a caution sign and I can't get beyond it. I have restarted the computer several times and uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

Any clues would be appreciated

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi smaugust,

The message that you are receiving is not related to the printer, but rather the operating system.  We recommend contacting Microsoft or your computer manufacturer for assistance with installing Desktop Experience. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements