cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma MP560 won't print black text.

qualitylady1975
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP560, I cannot get it to print black text. It prints color with no problem.   All cartridges are full.  When I do the nozzle test, the black ink is barely legible.  I have done multiple deep cleanings but it has not resolved the problem. Do you have any other solutions?  

34 REPLIES 34

Reloaded driver and did everything I could think of so I thought why not give your suggestion a try, I got nothing to loose. It works NOW!!! It seemed too easy at first glance but it was as simple as can be. I did have to do the deep cleaning and alignment but it works now and I am a happy camper. I'm not a violent person but I was so frustrated spending the whole day trying to get it to work I felt like dropping it out the second story window of our building. 

This worked for us.  Thanks for the tip.  Smiley Very Happy

Thank you so much for posting!  My solution was the simple one you suggested, and I never would have looked at the bottom of the cartridge if it hadn't been for your note!

Kudos to you!

@louielouielouie wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd reply since this problem drove me up a wall and there was an embarrassingly simple solution.

I'd tried cleaning/deep cleaning a billion times and it was never getting any better, and my ink levels were just being depleted from the process. STRESSFUL. But actually after calling in, I was asked to check whether there was a slit above the ink label (like an upside down L) on the large black cartridge, and I had to remove a bit of a packaging sticker to see if it was there. It was this sticker remnant that was actually blocking the slit and stopping cartridge from being used properly. I don't know how this works exactly but that's how it went down. After removing the sticker, it printed black like a charm.

SO, if you've tried cleaning more than should be necessary and it's not a problem with the print head, it might just be a bit of sticker that is causing your problem. Thought I'd share, just in case.

Louie, Thank you so much for posting that solution about the sticker residue. I got my printer from my Mom & I had the problem of it not printing from the PGBK cartridge. I tried so many things, cleanings, deep cleanings, replacing cartridges & cleaning the print head with water. I finally figured the print head must be bad, so I ordered a new one, only to discover I STILL had the problem. I found your response & checked my ink cartridge, that's when I discovered that a tiny triangular piece of the yellow sticker was still on the ink cartridge. I used tweezers to peel it off & now my printer is working 100%. So thank you. Wish I would have seen your post before I wasted so much time & money.

OMG! That was it!!! Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

I looked for a piece of label on the top of cartridge and saw only part of the one that says,"do not remove this label".

I tried to peel off a tiny orange label edge I saw and the only result was a big inkspot on my pants.

Hi profbg,

If you still experience difficulty with the ink printing after performing the print head cleanings and deep cleanings referenced earlier in this thread, and are already using Canon genuine inks in the printer, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I recently purchased ink for my tried and true ink supplier and I did notice that the large black ink cartridge was different from the ones previously purchased...didn't pay any particular attention to it until tonight when I tried to print and it would print graphics but not the words...

I took your advice and went and looked at the cartridge and sure enough there was a sticker on top of the cartridge, not the usual orange one, so I pulled it totally off and it revealed the ink holes on top that were obstructed by this sticker.....

One I removed this sticker, the words printed like a charm.  Thank you for this fix because I was on my way to buy a new printer....lol

There was a sticker covering the flow holes, once removed it worked like a charm....Thanks

I've looked for any stickers and have found none!
Announcements