cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma MP560 won't print black text.

qualitylady1975
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP560, I cannot get it to print black text. It prints color with no problem.   All cartridges are full.  When I do the nozzle test, the black ink is barely legible.  I have done multiple deep cleanings but it has not resolved the problem. Do you have any other solutions?  

34 REPLIES 34

Hi southgirlchic,

Please view all of the ink tanks to make sure that they contain ink, replacing as necessary.

Once complete, please perform a few printhead cleanings:

1. Press <HOME> on your PIXMA MP560.

2. Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4. Press <OK> on Cleaning.

5. Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print again.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

As louielouielouie has mentioned, please check to ensure that the bright orange tape was removed from the top of the ink tanks.  This would ensure that ink can flow through properly.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON for additional assistance with this matter.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So i have a similar problem i have installed new ink cartriges in my MP560 and when i run the ink test it prints out all colors including black but when i attempt to print something from my mac none of the black letters print out and only the colors show up. do you know what may be causing this problem. on the other hand if i copy something the black does show it is only when i print from my mac that it does not print black at all.

Hi e1jimenez,

Was the black ink that printed on the nozzle check pattern in the PGBK section as shown below, including the black grid, or did the PGBK section not print at all?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

canon-user
Apprentice

@qualitylady1975 wrote:

I have a Pixma MP560, I cannot get it to print black text. It prints color with no problem.   All cartridges are full.  When I do the nozzle test, the black ink is barely legible.  I have done multiple deep cleanings but it has not resolved the problem. Do you have any other solutions?  

did you you ever find the problem? Thanks.

kaymac
Apprentice

I've changed the large black cartridge to a new one, still won't print.  The problem started immediately after I replaced an empty cyan cartridge with a new one.  I'm using only Canon inks.  So...?

Hi kaymac,

When inks do not print, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to see if this will resovle the issue.  You can also try performing a print head alignment on the printer by following the steps here.  If the ink still does not print, the printer will most likely require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

I  had the same thing happen worked on it for 2 days i don't know how much ink i u wasted but i solved the problem ithrow it in the trash and bought a Hp printer

GIJoe
Apprentice

I have the same issue. MP 560 The printer worked fine until it was unplugged and moved. I've tried all the standard suggestions. Everyone thinks that no one has tried their simple solution. All of the following have not resolved the issue.

Print head alignment

Print head cleaning

Re-install printer

Deep head cleaning with water

Making B&W copy

GIJoe
Apprentice

I had the same problem with my MP560. USE A DIFFERENT USB CABLE - THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Everyone says they are the same but they are NOT.

I tried everything listed to fix this problem, then switched to different USB cable and it worked the first time out.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements