cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a PIXMA MX490 printer- error code 5011. can you help me about this error

kephas1
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX490 printer and it display an error code 5011.  Can you help me fix it

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi kephas1,

To try and resolve the error, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error continues, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes this same thing happened to me when I tried to change my black ink cartridges.  The 800 number provided nothing but frustration and rude customer  service.  Everyone spoke with a thick accent.  I requested multiple times for them to slow down and even spell out some words as I could not understand what they were saying.  I spoke to three different individuals.  They all were no help whatsoever,   They told me I would have to buy the 99$ warranty for them to continue to help me.   I said no way.  Why would I do that?  My printer was $40!  They eventually hung up on me.  I got the feeling in their culture the woman should be quiet and submissive.  Great job Canon!  

Hello, Sczoo1969!

We're so sorry to hear that you've had a poor support experience, and we appreciate that you've reached out to us! We're concerned you may have reached a 3rd party that is not associated with Canon USA based on what you're describing. The only number for official Canon USA support is 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), and support for PIXMA printers is available weekdays from 8:00am to 8:00pm ET, excluding holidays. You'll find this information on the official Canon USA website here: http://usa.canon.com Every Canon USA employee is right here in the United States, and you can learn a little more about how serious we take customer service and support here: https://Canon.us/byhyu

Ok I apologize if this is the case.  I will call tomorrow morning and try again and give the feed back here.  Thank you for the response

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements