cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon MX 860

oldyeller38
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX 860 which has worked flawlessly for over 9 years. All print jobs I’ve done from keyboard ctrl+p has always selected the paper from the cassette tray the default settings I use for Word documents. 2 weeks ago since the latest Windows 10 updates when I use ctrl+p my printer will start then I get a message that the paper is the wrong size (standard 8.5”x10” letter size) then I get a clicking noise and a popup message telling me to put paper in the rear tray. The only time I’ve used the rear tray is for letter addressing or glossy photos.

Would this be a fault of the printer or the windows update? If I put paper in the rear tray the printer will go ahead & print. The issue with that is where the printer sits; it is located under a shelf & I have to move some items & move the printer out to clear the shelf so as to access the rear tray; definitely a hassle as I do a lot of printing.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements