cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Cannon MG5450 printer. It suddenly started printing blurred when printing in black.

Kayfcoxon
Apprentice

The printer prints fine in colour,  but is blurred and shadowed in black. I have cleaned the heads, including a deep clean, I have alignedthe heads, both automatic and manual, I have unplugged and plugged it back in.  I have increased the quality of the paper I am using.  I have sent to print in high quality.  Nothing works. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

GeoffR
Apprentice

I have the same fault and did the same as Kayfcoxon- no improvement. Print is not to bad but blured in places.

It followed running low on black ink and since bad nozzle check pattern on PGBK suspected damaged print head.

New printhead produces no change.

Tried cleaning timing strip inside - no change.

Any ideas or help anybody please.

Hi GeoffR.

Because cleaning the timing strip and performing printhead cleanings did not clear up the poor print quality from your PIXMA MG5450, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements