cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have PIXMA MG5320 and I am running Win 8. Software cd does not install. I want to scan, but havin

jvandal
Apprentice

I have PIXMA MG5320  and I am running Win 8. Software cd does not install. I want to scan, but having trouble.

I insert USB stick into USB port on the printer.

I select SCAn and then select USB.  I select  " <i>" key. I do not find any data on the USB stick.

What gives?

I cannot install the software  on Windows 8

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi jvandal,

The CD that came with the PIXMA MG5320 does not include Windows 8 drivers and softare, so you would have to download the drivers and software from our website.  Use the following steps to download the drivers and software:

1. Go to Canon's Support & Drivers website at:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
  2. Enter your model name into the Model Name field, then click GO.

3. Select your operating system in the Select Operating System and Select OS Version dropdown lists, respectively.

4. Expand the Drivers section by clicking the red triangle.
  5. Click on the file named MG5300 Mini Master Setup.
  6. After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree Begin Download' and save the file to your computer.
  7. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.
  8. Once complete, click the I Decline Go Back to return to the download page.
  9. Expand the Software section by clicking the red triangle.
  10. Click on the file named MP Navigator EX Ver 5.0.0.
  11. After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree Begin Download' and save the file to your computer.
  12. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements