cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX432 blurred printing after paper jam

tvisingardi
Apprentice

I had a paper jam on my MX432 and since then my print is blurred, shadowing, double printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Typically after a paper jam the encoder strip gets dirty. Cleaning it usually resolves this issue. Heres how to check it. If you open up the front where the paper prints, theres a clear strip that goes from left to right (its right above the greasy metal strip). If the strip is dirty (typically with ink smudges), clean with a little bit of water and q-tips. BE GENTLE! And, be sure to UNPLUG the machine before proceeding. After cleaning do a test print to confirm.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

This worked like a charm for my old canon MG3620!!! I bought a newer version when copies started blurring and now the new one is eating paper so I tried to fix my old one.  This saved me from having 3 printers!

Exactly the same problem with my MG3650 after a paper jam. No help whatsoever form the Canon website and at my wits end until finding this forum and thread. Result: instant success, even though the strip looked hardly dirty to the naked eye before giving it a simple wipe with a damp cotton bud. MAGIC

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Worked,thank you

Seven years after Mpell posted this solution, this fine advice is still saving people like me who had a paper jam.  Note to self:  if I had followed, precisely, Canon's guidance on gently clearing a paper jam, I would have never caused the encoder strip to get dirty in the first place.

Sometimes the small details are important.

Thanks, here's another saved logged to Mpell.  Affected product was a Canon TR4522.  I really like this printer.

We also have a number of other Canon products (DSLR's, lenses, and accessories).  One of my favorite companies, and communities.

v/r, the Scott Family

peterbeans
Apprentice

Brilliant!!!

This worked for my MG3150. I tried everything and it was the last throw of the dice. Be careful, it's quite tight in there. 

Thanks. (I used a baby wipe, worked a treat).

M5_DESIGN
Apprentice

WOW! 

That was too fast. Thanks alot!

They should have noted that on the troubleshooting brochure the printer comes with. 

We were this close to get a new one after spending 4 hrs cleaning, testing, aligning, and wasting precious ink etc... 

Anyone knows a cheapper way to refill these cartridges PG-240XL? $100/month in ink is getting ridiculous, or may be we need a more efficient printer. 

- M5 Team

Custom Vape Drip Tips and Accesories

facebook.com/M5DCUSTOMS

There is an alternative to buying new cartridges each month.  

1.  Get some replacement ink bottles online (there's plenty to choose from - just Google it).

2.  The cartridges on my MX722 have an indent on the bottom that can be punctured (carefully) and with the syringe that comes with the bottles, you then very carefully (use the gloves otherwise ink will be all over your hands);

3.  After the ink is inserted in all of the cartridges (use electric tape to seal up the hole), then close the access door and wait until the beep sounds to tell you the cartridges are empty, etc.

4.  Just as you hear the beep, press the stop button and keep it pressed until the error message clears the display and it says it is processing.

5.  Take note that this process does not alert you to empty cartridges and you'll have to refill each cartridge (usually the blacks) is emptied.  The cartridges appear as grayed-out images on the display.

I don't know if it'll work on your printer, I only know it works on mine.  I save myseld at least $300 a month.

Good luck

Sbrown2003
Apprentice
I did the same thing with my MG5220. You are an angel for providing this information! Like the others, I spent hours and days trying to figure out the problem. Thank you!

N28iv
Apprentice
@mpell Thanks for sharing that helped me tremendously!

toniguest
Apprentice
Thanks for posting this last resort before chucking out!!
Announcements