cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX432 blurred printing after paper jam

tvisingardi
Apprentice

I had a paper jam on my MX432 and since then my print is blurred, shadowing, double printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Typically after a paper jam the encoder strip gets dirty. Cleaning it usually resolves this issue. Heres how to check it. If you open up the front where the paper prints, theres a clear strip that goes from left to right (its right above the greasy metal strip). If the strip is dirty (typically with ink smudges), clean with a little bit of water and q-tips. BE GENTLE! And, be sure to UNPLUG the machine before proceeding. After cleaning do a test print to confirm.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

tvisingardi
Apprentice

I had a paperjam on my MX432 all-in-one and now I am getting blurred, shadow, duplicate letter printing.  I did a clean through the machine and I thought it realigned the heads and it is better however only 70%.

Typically after a paper jam the encoder strip gets dirty. Cleaning it usually resolves this issue. Heres how to check it. If you open up the front where the paper prints, theres a clear strip that goes from left to right (its right above the greasy metal strip). If the strip is dirty (typically with ink smudges), clean with a little bit of water and q-tips. BE GENTLE! And, be sure to UNPLUG the machine before proceeding. After cleaning do a test print to confirm.

Your advice worked like a charm. I was ready to drop my MX432 out my second story window until I cleaned the encoder strip and the printing returned to normal. thank you!

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Thank you. Mission accomplished! Spot on!

Thank you, tried all night realigning nothing, cleaned it twice like you said new printer. Thanks again

wow it worked I just wish i would of looked up this instead of trying to get it to work by printing out several pages plus waste of ink but you are a genius thanks for posting this issue.

Thanks you saved me from purchasing another printer 

I also tried everything in the manual for blurred printing and this was the only method that worked.  THANK YOU!!

thank you soooo much!! this was really useful. I was having a really panic as I was trying to print all my RAF paperwork. But these simple instructions were increadibly easy to follow and worked like a charm. 

Announcements