Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

I had a paper jam on my MX432 and since then my print is blurred, shadowing, double printing.

New Contributor

MX432 Printer with blurred print

I had a paperjam on my MX432 all-in-one and now I am getting blurred, shadow, duplicate letter printing.  I did a clean through the machine and I thought it realigned the heads and it is better however only 70%.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: MX432 Printer with blurred print

Typically after a paper jam the encoder strip gets dirty. Cleaning it usually resolves this issue. Heres how to check it. If you open up the front where the paper prints, theres a clear strip that goes from left to right (its right above the greasy metal strip). If the strip is dirty (typically with ink smudges), clean with a little bit of water and q-tips. BE GENTLE! And, be sure to UNPLUG the machine before proceeding. After cleaning do a test print to confirm.

New Contributor

Your advice worked like a charm. I was ready to drop my MX432 out my second story window until I cleaned the encoder strip and the printing returned to normal. thank you!
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

New Contributor

Re: I had a paper jam on my MX432 and since then my print is blurred, shadowing, double printing.

Brilliant!!!

This worked for my MG3150. I tried everything and it was the last throw of the dice. Be careful, it's quite tight in there. 

Thanks. (I used a baby wipe, worked a treat).

New Contributor

Thank you. Mission accomplished! Spot on!

New Contributor

Re: I had a paper jam on my MX432 and since then my print is blurred, shadowing, double printing.

WOW! 

That was too fast. Thanks alot!

They should have noted that on the troubleshooting brochure the printer comes with. 

We were this close to get a new one after spending 4 hrs cleaning, testing, aligning, and wasting precious ink etc... 

Anyone knows a cheapper way to refill these cartridges PG-240XL? $100/month in ink is getting ridiculous, or may be we need a more efficient printer. 

- M5 Team

Custom Vape Drip Tips and Accesories

facebook.com/M5DCUSTOMS

New Contributor

Thank you, tried all night realigning nothing, cleaned it twice like you said new printer. Thanks again
New Contributor

wow it worked I just wish i would of looked up this instead of trying to get it to work by printing out several pages plus waste of ink but you are a genius thanks for posting this issue.

Thanks you saved me from purchasing another printer