cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I fixed my persistent 1311 error (paper jam) by running cardstock through the paper feed

jbrooks
Contributor

When I ran 3x5 index cards through my MX922 printer, it gave me a paper jam (1311) error code.  I took out the paper trays and the back transit cover, and removed one errant card.  Problem solved!  Except it wasn't.

The printer kept giving me a 1311 error code, even after I removed all the jammed paper I could find.     

I finally fixed the error code with these steps:

1) turn off the printer

2) remove the paper trays 

3) manually feed an inch or two of stiff paper into the paperfeed mechanism behind the trays (be careful not to damage anything-- wiggle the cardstock a little to gently feed it in)

4) slide the paper trays back in, being careful to not disturb the cardstock

5) turn on the printer

6) wait for the printer's initiallization process to pick up the cardstock and send it through. 

When my printer turned on, it whirred, picked up the cardstock, sent it through the paper transit pathway, and then deposited it into the output tray.   Two index cards popped out along with the cardstock, so the index cards must have been trapped inside the machine where I couldn't access them.   The printer booted normally-- and the error message disappeared!

Hope this helps someone else with a persistent paper jam error.  It's a very frustrating code to resolve. 

25 REPLIES 25

MaureenQC
Apprentice

After 2 days and many, many trials, this made my day. Tks so much

PN3
Apprentice

Thank you so much, it worked. Was not at all hard to do!

Woodburn
Apprentice

I know this is an old post but I'm having this same problem.,  I tried this but it doesn't seem to work.. I tried to print on 3x5 cards and some of them are stuck inside and I cannot see them.  Any ideas???

Woodburn, I just saw this.  Are you still having the problem or has it been fixed? 

jdjdjdjd283746
Apprentice

I hate it when I'm forced to sign up for something as simple as upvoting someone's solution to my problem.  Since It's the best one I've read, I took the time to do this.  I'm working on this right now and wanted to thank you right away.

Aeropapa
Apprentice

What a perfect and elegant solution! I ran a 5x7 of thick matte photo paper and positioned it just as recommended and I have never been so happy to see a wrinkled piece of regular paper pop out on the tray. Having recently purchased mass quantities of ink, I thought I'd have to spend a fortune on a new printer that could use it. Instead, I got my beloved Mx922 back. Thanks, jbrooks, you are the  printer whisperer

Announcements