cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't scan documents to my computer

Zoeygirl
Contributor

I have a Canon PIXMA MG5320 printer.

I cannot scan documents to my laptop.  I have a new HP Notebook 14-dq1043cl with Windows10 (April 2020) 

I can print wirelessly.  When I go to scan the printer tells me to "set the PC to start scanning"  I go to  Save/Forward and press OK to  forward scanning  to a PC.
Press OK and the next screen tells me to select PC.  Only "Local(USB)" is listed.  I search and that is the only option shown (Local (USB).
I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled.  I downloaded MP Navigator and it will not open.  I have searched Google and your support site but nothing has helped.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Zoeygirl,

Please click on the Windows Start button and in the menu that appears, do you see the Canon Utilities folder?

In that folder, please click on the IJ Scan Utility.

Once the IJ Scan Utility appears, please click the Documents button to perform a scan.

Are you able to scan?

If not, what is the error code that appears at the bottom of the error box that appears?

If the IJ Scan Utility is not found in the Canon Utilities folder, that means it is not installed and that would cause this error as well.  To install the IJ Scan Utility, please install the drivers.

To download the drivers, please CLICK THIS LINK

When you click that link, the drivers will download.  Once the download is complete, please open/run "mp68-win-mg5300-1_01-ejs.exe" to install.

Follow the on screen prompts to install the drivers.

Once the drivers are installed, please go back to the Windows Start button, Canon Utilities folder and then click on the IJ Scan Utility to perform a scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Zoeygirl,

Please click on the Windows Start button and in the menu that appears, do you see the Canon Utilities folder?

In that folder, please click on the IJ Scan Utility.

Once the IJ Scan Utility appears, please click the Documents button to perform a scan.

Are you able to scan?

If not, what is the error code that appears at the bottom of the error box that appears?

If the IJ Scan Utility is not found in the Canon Utilities folder, that means it is not installed and that would cause this error as well.  To install the IJ Scan Utility, please install the drivers.

To download the drivers, please CLICK THIS LINK

When you click that link, the drivers will download.  Once the download is complete, please open/run "mp68-win-mg5300-1_01-ejs.exe" to install.

Follow the on screen prompts to install the drivers.

Once the drivers are installed, please go back to the Windows Start button, Canon Utilities folder and then click on the IJ Scan Utility to perform a scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements