cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to find MP Navigator EX for download MG 5220 most current for windows 10 that works

Carl6995
Apprentice

Hi I am trying to find a download for MP Navigator EX for my my Canon 5220 printer / scanner. All the ones on the canon site seem to have problems with the scanner which is what I need. Anyone who can help would certainly be appreciated.I am running windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi alaskajohn1,

To resolve your scanning issues, it is recommended that your PIXMA MG5220 is reinstalled.  It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ramona
Authority

Hi Carl6995,

The latest Windows 10 compatible version of MP Navigator for your PIXMA MG5220 can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  Prior to installing the program, we recommend installing the latest Windows 10 compatible drivers for the printer.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MG5220.  Once the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Next, below the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

3. Once the MP drivers have been downloaded, please click on the SOFTWARE box to display and download the MP NAVIGATOR software.

Once you have downloaded the files, please double-click on them and follow the prompts to reinstall the printer and software on your computer. Please start with the MP Drivers file.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also am trying to find MP Navigator for the same printer except my OS is Win 7 (64 bit).  I have visited the suggested website and lownloaded the driver 3 times ! but  still can't get the same the same results as refelcted in Canon Knowledge Base Article ART107681.  The only way I am able to scan a document is by manually opening the printer dialog box from the Windows Control Panel  which allows me to scan a document but not import it to my PC as a PDF, which is what I need.  I am considering replaceing my Canon printer with another brand which as more, need I say, user friendly.

Hi alaskajohn1,

To resolve your scanning issues, it is recommended that your PIXMA MG5220 is reinstalled.  It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Thank you; this is what I finally did and it worked. Another question: where is the "Accept as Solution button"; I was unable to find it as well as Chrome?

Hi, alaskajohn1!

Thanks for taking part in our conversation. You should find the "Accept As Solution" button on the post that answered your original question. At the lower right of that reply, you should see buttons marked "Reply" and "Quick Reply." The "Accept As Solution" button is immediately beneath those two.

Hope this helps!

Nope. No such button. Only buttons are Star, reply, and quick reply..

It's no biggie.  We took care of it for you.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

What is the difference between the "MG5200 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)" driver and the optional "MG5200 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)" driver?

I see one is MP and the other is XPS but I can't find what the difference is or what the MP/XPS means! I unstalled everything I had related to canon printer because having problems getting the scanner to work like it used to.

I used to be able to scan a document from the printer but now it says I need to do it from the computer. My computer is as far away from my printer as it can get and still be in my house. It also used to ask if I wanted to save multiple sheet scans as one document or all as their own. No idea why this happened but I am about to throw the printer out the window and find something else that meets my needs!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements