cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having problems with my canon mg2520 trouble code 5,156,69

Toyvo
Apprentice

My scanner quit working. the printer prints and when doing a manuel scan I can perview the scan but it will not scan the material and place it in a file.

I am using a Dell Insp. 660s or 6605 desk top computer running windows 7 home premium and service pack 1. My printer/scanner is a Canon mg 2520.

When attempting to scan i get a code 5,156,69 and message telling me the printer is either not connected or turned off.

The printer connects just fine and prints with no faults but wont scan.

I have rebooted the computer and uninstalled the printer. reinstalled the printer and get a message that drivers are not installed. I use the installation disc to reinstall the drivers but get a message that the printer cant be found. How ever the printer still prints just fine.

I have run tuneup utilities and found a lot of problems and corrected them still have printer but no scanner.

I red your forums and performed the process for repairing a scanner with trouble code 5,156,61 on a mg2120 and a dell lap top but this also failed. I know this is not the same code I have but the complaint was the same. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi Toyvo,

Since reinstalling the printer using the installation CD did not resolve the scanning issue, we can try downloading the latest drivers from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MG2520:

PIXMA MG2520 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that your operating system type is selected correctly in the OPERATING SYSTEM field.  If it is not, please select your operating system from the drop-down field. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Once the new drivers are installed, please restart your computer and attempt to scan. 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same issues. I have basically the same computer and operating system as the original post. I bought the printer 2 months ago and it worked fine initially. All of a sudden it started giving this error and codes. I have uninstalled and reloaded software from both the CD and the above Canon link. Has Canon figured anything out about the Codes 5,156,68? I have spent way too much time on this and I am ready to package it up and ship it back!

dmorris642
Apprentice

Did you get a response that worked?

I have triied everything recommended and still cannot scan.

Hi dmorris642,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), as well as what troubleshooting methods you have already performed to try and resolve the issue.  

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements