cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an error b200 on my pixma mp620 printer. What should I do to fix this?

glwun
Apprentice

Is there a fix for a canon pixma 620 that is giving me an error message 620. I reset the printer -- unplugged for 10+ minutes.  That didn't work.  Then took the print head out and cleaned and dried it.  Replaced it .....that didn't work.  Is there a home fix for this.  If not I will be in the market for a good all in one printer...scanner etc.  Any suggestions.  Thanks glwun

26 REPLIES 26

Did not help. What else can I do?

Hello rmarien,

If you're still running into the B200 error code, you'll want to our technical support agents.  If you've tried all the suggestions in this thread and our other B200 error discussions, service may be required.  You can contact Canon Support through the link in Stephen's post, or find more help at Contact Us.

Thanks!

Thanks. I have sent an email to support.

I have tried all the sugestions here with no luck.  Called support to find out the suport they give you is a pat on the back for being a good customer and tell you where you can take your printer to be serviced.  YOU have got to be kiding?  Service for a printer I have had forever and the place is 76 miles away? (that is crazy it is so far when I live in San Diego)  The printer is DEAD, give up on it.  Cannon knows it is a gonner and refers you to their site where you can purchase a new printer for 25% off.  The  B200 error message is a DEATH message if the quick fix doesen't work give up and move on.  Save yourself the frustration. 

".. if the quick fix doesen't work give up and move on.  Save yourself the frustration. "

Yes, Sun_shine, I agree, especially if the printer is a few years old and/or you live a long way from a service center.

I did buy another Canon (an MX726) however, because my MP620 was a great printer while it lasted. Oh, and the wireless setup on the MX726 was much easier to set up than the old printer.

Moving on certainly worked for me!

I have done what was listed in this instruction. Error code still present. What do I do next?

The instructions given doesn't work. I guess I will have to trash this one. 

jim5751
Apprentice

from jim5751.  I followed the steps listed to solve errprb200.  When I had the print head out, I noticed it had black ink on the bottom of the print head so I wiped it off with a tissue and re-installed it into the printer.  I reloaded the tanks turned off the printer etc.  when I turned it back on I now have an error message that says

" UO52 "this type of print head is incorrect.  Install the correct print head."

is it possible that that I changed the electrical ID for the print by wiping it off with a tissue.  Is there any thing I can do to reverse this problem?

Rdehorn
Apprentice
I called tech support after getting the b200 error. My call was handled very well but they pretty much told the printer is dust and sent me over to the canon loyalty department for a small discount on a replacement. Not a very good outcome for a clear defect in a printer that is not very old.

Hello,

I know the last reply is a month old, but I have to say this, because this site is the first hit you find on the keywords: "Canon mp620 B200 error" and I have the solution!

My solution was VERY simple, but I don't know if it works by other printers.

Solution:

• Switch off the printer.
  • Open the cover of the printer.

Open cover Canon MP620

• Switch the printer on with the cover open.
  • When your display shows: "Cover is open."  Close the cover.
  • Then your display shows: "Processing... Please wait momentarily"
  • Then your display shows the start menu. 

It worked for me! I don't know if it works by other printers!

Sorry for my bad English, I'am 15 and writing English is not my best point.

I hope it works for you too.

JelmerM

Announcements