cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Standyby/sleep?

markpjd
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Canon MP250 hooked up to an old netbook running Windows XP, and it is used as a shared printer on a wireless network.

My issue is that if the printer has not been used in a day (or sometimes a few hours) it goes into like a 'sleep mode' so that anyone who is trying to send anything to the printer throughout the building gets the message 'printer not responding'.  In order to fix it, they have to go to the room and turn it off and on again.

It looks like it goes to sleep, so is there anyway I can get it to remain "awake/active" all the time?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi markpjd,

The PIXMA MP250 does not have an option to disable the power save/sleep mode; this is managed automatically by the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi markpjd,

The PIXMA MP250 does not have an option to disable the power save/sleep mode; this is managed automatically by the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, thank you for your reply.

I think a firmware update would make my two useless printer useful agian.

@Ramona wrote:

Hi markpjd,

Announcements