09-24-2014 08:25 PM
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which model scanner you have and which operating system is running on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
10-14-2014 06:01 AM
So we can better assist you, please reply with what model printer that you have, and if you have the printer connected wirelessly or via USB cable.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.
10-15-2014 04:02 AM
Please complete the following steps to enable scanning over a network:
Specifying Your Scanner or Printer
From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon. The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears in the menu bar, and the Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.
Select your scanner or printer from Scanners. Select the Bonjour service name set to your scanner or printer. When Bonjour is disabled, the MAC address of your scanner or printer appears.
Setting for Scanning with IJ Scan Utility
Please follow the steps below to set the printer for scanning using the IJ Scan Utility:
Start the IJ Scan Utility.
Select "Canon XXX series Network" (where "XXX" is the model name) for Product Name.
Click Settings... to use another scanner connected to a network.
Click (General Settings), then click Select in Product Name.
The Scan-from-PC Settings screen of IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears. Select the scanner you want to use and click OK.
In the Settings (General Settings) dialog, click OK. The IJ Scan Utility main screen reappears. You should now be able to scan wirelessly.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
10-28-2014 08:42 AM
To try and resolve the error, please follow these steps:
1. Please remove any physical objects that may be in front of the paper feed tray and preventing it from opening all of the way, then turn OFF and back ON the printer and try printing again.
2. With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed area of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
3. Look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
4. Remove and reseat all of the ink tanks and print head in the printer.
5. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.
If the error remains after following the steps above, the printer will require servicing. Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.