cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up my scanner?

Jehday14
Contributor
I already install the cd in my Mac but still not working. Please help me. Thank you
12 REPLIES 12

Tiffany

Hi Jehday14!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which model scanner you have and which operating system is running on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I have the pixma mg5422.

How do I setup my Canon PIXMA MX 409 for scanning

Jehday14
Contributor
No. Only now I have time to reply. I'm using mac book pro 2012
I already set up the cd in my computer but the printer keep saying I have to set my computer

Hi Jehday14,

Please complete the following steps to enable scanning over a network:

Specifying Your Scanner or Printer

1. From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.  The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears in the menu bar, and the Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.

2. Select your scanner or printer from Scanners.  Select the Bonjour service name set to your scanner or printer. When Bonjour is disabled, the MAC address of your scanner or printer appears.

figure: Scan-from-PC Settings screen

3. Click OK.

Setting for Scanning with IJ Scan Utility

Please follow the steps below to set the printer for scanning using the IJ Scan Utility:

1. Start the IJ Scan Utility.

2. Select "Canon XXX series Network" (where "XXX" is the model name) for Product Name.

figure: IJ Scan Utility

3. Click Settings... to use another scanner connected to a network.

4. Click (General Settings), then click Select in Product Name.

figure: Settings dialog

The Scan-from-PC Settings screen of IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears.  Select the scanner you want to use and click OK.

5. In the Settings (General Settings) dialog, click OK.  The IJ Scan Utility main screen reappears.  You should now be able to scan wirelessly.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Jehday14,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what model printer that you have, and if you have the printer connected wirelessly or via USB cable. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jehday14
Contributor
And I'm using wireless connection for it

Jehday14
Contributor
I'm using wireless connection

Jehday14
Contributor
My canon printer is not working again. Pixma 5422 that's problem the code is 6000. I can't print or cancel.
Announcements